The ice climbing training for beginners is ideal to learn climbing the ice waterfall! Often seen as for the elite, everyone can start and discover ice climbing.
The area of Contamines-Montjoie offers very beautiful ice falls to learn. This course is for beginners.
Mid-December to March depending on the conditions
In private: every day
Group sessions: on weekends
If you’re alone and wishing to benefit a reduced price, you can choose to participate in a group session.
Price of the group session
475 € / person (guaranteed departure from 2 participants)
Price of the private session
1 participant : 860€ / person
Groups of 2 people maximum
* The price includes
- Supervision by a mountain guide
- Equipment (shoes/crampons/ice axes)
- Harness and helmet
* The price does not include
- Drinks, pick nick and extras
- Transport and accommodation
- Your personal insurance
- Everything that isn’t mentioned in “the price includes”
Good physical condition required. We are at your disposal to answer your questions.
- We prefer small groups
Day 1 Meeting at the Notre Dame de la Gorge site:
- Getting to know the equipment (ice axes, crampons, ice pitons…)
- Getting to know basic techniques and safety rules.
- Climbing on the Ruisseling site “Rosière” 150 meters long but easy enough for beginners.
Day 2 Also in Les Contamines, several possibilities according to the level of the participants. Here are some examples :
- Cascade du « Pcheu », 4 to 4+ on 200 meters.
- Cascade de la Duchère, 3 to 5 in between 60 and 150 meters.
Examples or places are only for indication. The guides could be led to change the programme depending on the weather conditions, the mountains and the level of the participants.
Reservations starting early november
Register by filling the registration form dated and signed and with the 30% deposit, plus the optional insurance coverage amounts. Having a repatriation help service coverage is compulsory to attend our trips. If you do not have one, we can offer you one.
For further information, please contact us by mail or by calling +33 (0)4 50 47 76 55 (Saint-Gervais) or +33 (0)4 50 47 10 08 (Les Contamines). We can help you to realise your projects.